Friday

Jasaan, Misamis Oriental -- Sagpulon Falls

Aside from Agutayan Reef and White Island, another awesome spot you should not miss when going to the town of Jasaan in Misamis Oriental is the Sagpulon Falls. During the time we went there, I observed that the place is not anymore managed and somewhat abandoned. So we paid no entrance fee. From Agutayan Reef, we asked the bangka driver about the way to Sagpulon. He directed us to ride a jeepney and he told the driver to drop us off at the place where there are several habal-habal. We negotiated with the motorcycle driver and agreed that he will bring us to the falls and will pick us up at 4:30 pm. We were warned to leave the place before dark.

on our way to the falls;
the locals were helpful;
a short hanging bridge
  
The falls was a several kilometers from the highway. I guess we traveled for about 30 minutes in the motorcycle. I myself have been so tired because of the discomfort during the ride in a rough road. Upon arrival, we were to cross a short hanging bridge to reach resort. I was very excited. Amazement struck me when I saw the falls. Magnificent! In my approximation, the falls is more than 60 feet high. You can swim at the pools at the side. The area is quite rocky. There were cottages so you can bring food. 
purely nature
there are pools and cottages at the sides
I came to the place with mountaineers, so they were more adventurous than me. They decided to go to the cliff at the back of the falls. I was too afraid too try it during that time, with the predicament that I cannot swim. Anyway, I saw that they so enjoyed what they did and I was happy taking pictures of them. 
6 feet pool
I wish the local government would take care of the place. It is very beautiful and rare. I truly enjoyed and would definitely come back given a chance.


How to go:
  • From any point in Cagayan de Oro City, ride a taxi going to Agora terminal. You can also ride a jeepney (Limketkai-Agora or Lapasan Liner). Be sure to double check with the driver if it will go to Agora.
  • The Agora terminal in CDO is quite organized. You can easily find the right terminal for your destination by reading very visible signages. You can also request the driver to drop you off at the Jasaan jeepney terminal.
  • When you ride the jeep, ask the driver or konduktor to drop you off at the crossing to Sagpulon Falls. Or you can go to the public market and find a habal-habal
  • Negotiate well with the driver that you should be picked up in the afternoon
meet the world, 
~S

1 comment:

  1. ate???...kailan ka nkapunta sa sagpulon falls??

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics