Monday

Iligan City -- Ma. Cristina Falls

Last May, I went to Iligan City together with my long time college friend Vkai and her family. We planned to swim at Timoga Spring Pools and visit the famous Ma. Cristina Falls. 

I have spent more than four years living in Iligan but I have only been to Ma. Cristina Falls twice. And just a few years ago, the place was developed for tourists with the opening of NPC Nature Park.

Ma. Cristina Falls is just near Timoga Spring Pools. So, it is just practical to visit these two places on the same day. On our case, after we enjoyed the cool spring waters of Timoga, we immediately went to the falls. We ride a jeepney going back to the city and paid the minimum fare of Php 8. The driver dropped us off at the crossing going to the falls.
the main gate of National Power Corp
We walked for around 5 minutes (we did a lot of walking in this trip;  Vkai would laugh when she remembers how I did then) until we reached the main gate. There, we signed the visitor's log book and paid the entrance fee of Php 30 (Php 20 for children, students and senior citizens). Included in this fee is the vehicle going to the Nature Park and to the falls itself. Since I am so tired of walking already and I am not so fond of zoos, I did not explore too much on the park. Instead, Vkai and I waited for the ride to the falls while the others took photos.
first stop: to see the plants and animals
We were dropped off somewhere "near" the viewing deck of the falls. By near meaning, we have to walk again! But then my tiredness was blown away by the majestic view of the falls. Many would agree that Ma. Cristina is indeed a very beautiful scenery. Hearing the water fall and touch the river and seeing the green surroundings. It is all worth the long walk. And a good thing to see so that energy will be restored for another long walk back to the highway and into the city.

after the walk, climb and another walk:
The magnificent Ma. Cristina Falls
you can relax at the cottages and 
hear the river flow

How to go:

  • From any point in Cagayan de Oro City, ride a taxi or any Bulua jeepney to bring you to Bulua Bus Terminal.
  • Choose any bus that says "Iligan"
  • From Iligan Bus Terminal, ride any jeepney going to "syudad." Or you can ride a taxi. Ask the driver to drop you off near Jollibee main branch where there is a jeepney going to Timoga or Buru-un.
  • Ride the jeepney and ask the driver to drop you off at the crossing to Ma. Cristina Falls. (Tip: when I commute, before I ride the jeep, I ask the driver or konduktor if it will pass through the place I am supposed to be and request to drop me off then.)

meet the world, 
~S

“An official entry to the Iligan Blogging Contest 2012 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics