Sunday

Third time's a charm - I won a raffle!

I am still quite overwhelmed while writing this post. So please pardon the grammars, spellings or any error in the post.  You see, I have been following travel blogs since before I started to publish my own. As for other blogs, I follow those who are sponsoring contests and raffles.  


The first thing I won is a wanderlust travel journal from Nina Fuentes of Just Wandering and yes, I won again, this time 2 Anywhere Philippines gift certificate  from James of Journeying James. The prizes I received from these people may be small for some, but for me, these are treasures that I so love to have.  These people may have not known me but I know part of them by reading their blogs, every vacant time I have. Their blogs are therapy for me. I got to go to other places virtually just by reading about their travels. And I dream that one day, I can go to as many places as they have gone.
As they say, third time's a charm.  Indeed it is! I have been browsing over my twitter account when I read a twit about another contest from a travel blog. This time, the blogger is giving away 1 round trip ticket to any Cebu Pacific international destination. But you see, this contest is not as easy as the others where you just like, share and comment.  This blog is more than 5 years old, has 999 posts and the answers to the questions in the contest are from that 999 posts.  

I was getting discouraged already and ready to give up, I already spent 20 minutes and still did not found the answer to the first question.  Then I suddenly found the articles interesting and kaboom! I found the answer to the first question.  From that, I suddenly found the answers to the succeeding questions using my unique ability and talent as a part time web researcher.  Alex would be very proud of me.  

And the rest as they say is history.  Well, not quite as I only learned just 20 minutes ago that I have indeed won the said contest.  Browsing twitter, I saw the post about the winner of the said contest, and of course the 1000th post of Iron Wolf.  Lo and behold, while reading the post, at the lower portion is my name as the winner.  Afraid of just hallucinating, I called my brother to take a look to confirm my victory.  

And I was declared the winner!  For some, this may be a small victory but for me and my family, my cousin Methel and my friends who knew the wanderlust in me, this is very big already.  And I hope someday, that it will be me, who will sponsor a raffle and give you guys an opportunity to travel.

meet the world, 
S


2 comments:

Web Statistics