Thursday

Personal -- My Travel Essentials

When there are spontaneous trips and I am to be asked if how long will it take me to pack, I would excitedly answer: "I am always packed!" Below are the things that are always ready for pick up and be put into my back pack.

Map 
I always see to it that I bring a map of the place that I will go to. Sometimes, I buy the map on the place itself or I will avail maps and pamphlets at the airport of my destination.

Toiletries 
I already set aside a set of toiletries in this mesh bag. I just grab it whenever I get to travel. This contains sachets of conditioner and shampoo, a small bar of soap, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, facial wash, facial cream, deodorant, panty liners, feminine wash and shave. Some hotels provide soap and shampoo though. But if you plan to stay on a budget type accommodation, toiletries are not usually included.

Camera
Who would forget this gadget? We all want to capture the important moments and beautiful scenes in the place! As I am not a professional photographer, I use a simple point and shoot camera. The Sony TX-5 has great features: handy, waterproof, shockproof, dustproof and freezeproof. If you travel solo, try to bring a small tripod so that you can take a picture of yourself too.

  
Shades and Sunblock
Protect your eyes and skin from the sun. Sunburn can really be annoying.

Sarong 
I have had this sarong for almost ten years already! Given to me by a close friend during my college years. This is very handy and multipurpose. You can use this as towel, scarf, mat, cover up and in so many more ways if you are just innovative.

Coffee and Cup Noodles
A sachet of 3in1 coffee can easily be inserted in any pockets without requiring too much space. Cup noodles on the other hand occupy a bit of space. But believe me, when you are on a tight budget, bringing these two is a great help. The space occupied by the cup noodles will be additional space for souvenirs when you come back. 

Flashlight
I have a pink pocket flashlight. And then recently I realized to buy a whistle, these two are very useful in times of emergencies.

Things listed here are my travel essentials, those that are always present whenever I travel. Some items  can be bought on your destination and some are available on the accommodations. How about you? What are your travel essentials? It is so much better to have a checklist so that you won't forget anything when you travel.


Meet the world, 

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics