Wednesday

Boracay Island -- Snorkeling and Island Hopping

I went to Boracay Island during the Habagat season. There are many perks when you go to the island on rainy season, most of all, everything is generally cheap.  I got the airline fare for about Php 500 round trip from Manila and the hotel I stayed on has a "stay 2 nights and get 1 night for free" promo.  


Don't get me wrong, if you want to get a tan, you can still do it on the morning until around 3pm.  Heavy rains hit during night time when I visited there but I still enjoy the experience.  Bars are still full of people and the sounds are on full blast to compete with the rain.  On my second day there, I tried the island hopping and snorkeling.  I paid Php 1000 for a 4-hour service of the boat, snorkeling gear, and environmental fees at the sea.  

During that time, the starting point of the island hopping is at Bulabog beach, around 5-minute walk from the white beach (during my second visit, the starting point is at station 1).  This side of the island is equally magnificent in view but not so crowded and noisy.  I would wish to stay here on a visit where I would want only the beach itself.  
this is the other side: Bulabog beach
The "driver" of the bangka and his assistant are friendly and willing to assist me especially on taking my pictures.  They are patient in waiting while I enjoyed watching and swimming with the fishes under the sea.  Be sure to buy a piece of bread when you do this (the fishes go after the bread).  And please do not scare or startle them when they are near you.  I am not really a fish person, be it a pet or food, but I really am amazed with the experience.
closer to the marine life, under the sea




a resort you can take a closer look into while island hopping

The picture above is a part of an expensive resort in the island. Most of these resorts are exclusive and allow only their guests on their shoreline.

Another island is the Crystal Cove, a two hectare area surrounded by crystal clear waters.  I never got in since you have to pay another Php 200 to see the two caves inside. And the clouds are also dark and I am afraid to be in the middle of the ocean while it is raining.  But then, it happened! It rained while I am still in the boat.  It is a great feeling though, to see the island sans the sun.  To see it kissed by the rain.


  
           


Boracay on rainy season
I will keep coming to Boracay, and I still choose the rainy season to hit this island.

meet the world, 
~S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics