Wednesday

Cebu City -- Crowne Garden Hotel

Cebu City is my most "exploited" travel destination.  I have gone to this place countless of times and still I haven't explored so much.  Finding an accommodation is Cebu City is not hard.  You can easily find a place to stay depending on your budget.  

In this short visit, I decided to go to Taoist Temple and some historical spots in the city proper.  I chose to stay at a convenient but not so expensive hotel.  I came across the mid-class hotel Crowne Garden.  It is located at Salinas Drive, near Waterfront Cebu.  What attracts me to this hotel is that they have early check-in (as long as it is after 4:30 AM) and they do not require reservation fee.  I booked the Standard room for Php 1300 pesos with breakfast for two (promo rate).  Tip:  If you're alone and stayed in accommodations for 2, you can always eat the two sets of breakfast :) I always do this ;)


PROS:
  • cable tv, aircon, ref, hot and cold shower w/tub
  • standard room with breakfast
  • access to city
  • friendly and responsive staff
  • delicious free breakfast
  • coffee making facility in the room
  • walking distance to good restaurants 
  • near malls
  • near Waterfront Cebu (if you have a seminar in Waterfront, you can stay here)
  • no reservation fee
CONS:
  • old hotel; bathroom shows old stained tiles
  • noisy aircon unit
  • my room was located in the same floor as the grand ballroom so I nearly strangled the noisy teenagers outside my room who are by standing in the hallway while waiting for their party to start.  I called the frontdesk and they did nothing because the noise continued until the party was finished.  They even played prank by knocking on my door and running when I opened it!
VERDICT:  will come back, but will choose other floors!



inside the room; it is spacious; see that old aircon unit?


inside the bathroom/toilet


meet the world,  
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics