Wednesday

Puerto Galera -- Tamaraw Falls, Virgin Island and Bay View

The next day of my Puerto Galera escapade, I went to Tamaraw Falls, Virgin Island and  certain Bayview area which I forgot the name. I have taken this package for Php 700, leaving white beach at 8:00 AM. Tip: I took the package from the ladies promoting at the beach. I realized later on that if I have talked to a tricycle driver and negotiate, I could have payed a lower price. The ladies at the beach are just so persuasive that you get tired and gave in (weak me!). 

Anyway, I asked the driver to bring me to a carenderia along the road for my breakfast. I invited him but he refused to join me. I preffered to eat at the carenderia since it is cheaper. I ate for about 20 minutes and off we traveled to Tamaraw Falls. The trip took about 1 hour but the view is amazing.

I ask the driver to be my photographer :) I paid the Php 20 entrance fee and I went to the falls, passing below the bridge. The magnificent and it is beyond words to describe its beauty. I felt extra proud because I was able to go very near the falls. I did not swim though because I do not know how to swim (obviously) and it might not be safe for me.

magnificent falls!
beautiful!
that bridge is the main road
After drinking my Buko juice, we went to the Virgin Island. I was surprised and disappointed as it is not really an island. It is just a private place with pebbles at the shore. There is also a Grotto of the Virgin Mary at the place. There, I swam and enjoyed the water. I spend almost one hour there with the trike driver waiting outside (para sulit naman bayad ko no!). Anyway, entrance fee here is Php 10 to be paid at the small store.

at the Virgin Island which is not really an island but a private place with pebbles at the shore

at the Bay view
After that, I asked for the Bay view that was part of the package and voila! we stopped beside the road and that is the bay view! Mahal nga masyado ang 700 na binayad ko. Naloko na naman ako! Anyway, I took pictures and off we went back to White Beach. The hotel already cleaned my room and did not allow me anymore to use it. But they let me use the shower in their massage room. So I changed and then went to the booth where the shuttle back to the port will be parked. Goodbye Puerto Galera. Thank you.

Meet the World,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics