Wednesday

Oriental Mindoro -- Puerto Galera

I have always been curious of this place. A few years ago, this is very famous and still is now. Recently, I had a short vacation and want to go to a nearby beach without spending much. After browsing the net, I decided to go to the white beach of Puerto Galera. The transportation is pretty much simple and I can handle it by myself. My tagalog is improving already, so I am not anymore afraid to talk to other people to ask around.
Welcome to Puerto Galera!!!
I started my trip to Galera at 7:30 AM. I took the JAM bus liner from Cubao. The route should be the one with "Batangas Port," not the one passing Lipa City (this is the long way). Fare is Php 175. The bus has free wifi and free newspaper.


the food their is not expensive but amazingly delicious!
I ate at a carenderia the following morning to have a cheaper meal

We arrived at Batangas Port around 10:30 AM. I followed the group of people who went inside the port. I am going to Terminal 3 (bound for Puerto Galera). I am pretty much surprised by my experience at the port (read it here).

The boat ride to Galera took a little more than an hour, contrary to what I have read at some blog posts that it would take more than two. When the boat is approaching the port at island, I was amazed by the view. It took away the disappointment I felt before at the Batangas port. Since we did not docked at the "White Island," where the resorts are, itself, the Shipping Lines provided a shuttle to bring us to the White Beach area where most of our accommodations are.
the amazing Tamaraw Falls
I was meet by several women urging me to stay in their hotel. I was a little annoyed because they will really persuade you. But that is their way of living. Firstly, I confirmed to the Minolo Shipping Booth, my departure for the next day, since I have purchased a round trip ticket.
Sunset at the beach...
I immediately checked in to the White Beach Resort and Hotel at which I reserved a room. The room is very simple and basic, still expensive at the price of Php 899 per night. Anyway, I put on my sunblock and swimwear and headed to the beach.
the calm water...
...and the peaceful shore
The sand/corals/pebbles made the shore white. But it is unlike Boracay (which I have thought before). What I like about this place is that you do not have to walk far to swim. The water becomes deep at one meter from the shore. The water is clear and calm. And the place is not to crowded so you can really relax and feel the beauty of the place. The next day, I visited the Tamaraw Falls, Virgin Island and a bay view something.

How to go:
  • From Cubao/Pasay ride a bus going to Batangas Port
  • At Batangas Port, look for the Minolo Shipping Lines Booth and purchase a round trip ticket (do not ask assistance for barkers - you can do this on your own). Purchase also the Environmental Fee of Php 50 and the terminal fee of Php 30
  • At the Puerto Galera Port, the shipping lines will provide a shuttle to bring you to White Beach
  • Follow the same route when go back to Batangas (terminal fee of Php 10 will be collected. But I did not see any terminal)
  • At Batangas Port, you can see several buses bound for Manila

Tip:
  • I brought along 2 bottles of beer (it is expensive at the island, hide in your bag)
  • I also brought cup noodles and canned goods (Lami Mechado)
  • Do your research and do not be deceived by the "promoters"


Meet the World,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics