Wednesday

Puerto Galera - What I Ate

I already had my breakfast at Manila, so I only have to think of my lunch and dinner for the day. Since I saw a Greenwich booth at the Batangas Port terminal, and since the boat I was to ride will depart at 12:30 PM, I took the last chance at fastfood and bought a chicken meal. Surprisingly, when I arrived at the island, the food is still warm!

After swimming at the clear beach, I sat at the sand and watched the beautiful sunset. While watching, I drink up my baon SanMig Apple (yes, I stash some liquor at my bag because I know it would cost a lot at the island). I ate Balut bought from the vendor and lounge at the seashore, feeling the sea air and looking at other tourists enjoying the peaceful place.

Anyway, that night, after a long lounge on the beach, I walk through the several restaurants at the beach front. I have already chosen a spot but when I asked if they had Tinolang Sugpo, they declined and so I walked away and searched for another place to eat. At the adjacent restaurant, I ask again for the food I craved for a week already. The attendant said none but then he will find a way and so he called, I guess, another restaurant and then promised me my Sugpo.  I ordered additional grilled fish and two sticks of barbeque. When I finished ordering, I wondered if I can consume all that I have ordered.
the menu at the restaurant; the food is quite affordable and equally yummy!
Surprisingly, I do not know if I will be disappointed or not, the Tinola contained only three pieces of Sugpo! Well, it is just okay so that I can be sure to consume it. Luckily, with my big appetite, I consumed everything with a sip of my favorite strawberry shake. I paid Php 620 for my dinner and left Php 30 pesos as tip.

The tinolang sugpo that was specially ordered from other restaurant; This costs Php 300 and yes, with only 3 pieces of sugpo but very meaty!

Grilled fish, very good!

lone fire dancer with Korean audience

It was still 8:00 PM so I burned down the calories by walking along the seashore and checking out the souvenir shops around. Like Boracay, souvenirs at Galera are quite cheap. I bought two beach dress, board shorts and a sarong. I paid a total of Php 500 for the souvenirs I bought.

I then continued walking and watched some firedancers. I got tired and the night became colder so I went back to my room and sleep, tomorrow is another day as I will visit Tamaraw Falls.


Meet the World,

S

2 comments:

  1. I was just seeking this information for some time. After 6 hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your website. I wonder what’s the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank this kind of informative websites in top of the list. Generally the top sites are full of garbage.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics